Why do I blog? As of this moment, I blog mostly for three reasons: leisure, to be social and for reflection. They, of course, have sub-categories which are listed below.
1. I could possibly meet new people and make new friends [networking, building an audience].
2. I am PR student, and I am told it is great to have an active online presence to build credibility and out my character [traits] on display.
3. People may learn something new about me and this way we can have actual conversations about shared interests as opposed to awkward silence upon meeting.
4. It may look nice on my resume, especially when applying for internships/jobs.
5. My family and friends can catch up on my life and understand what is going on in my head.
6. I share thoughts/ideas/art that would otherwise be a jumble in my head.
1. It is a way for me to pass the time/ use my time to do something worthwhile as opposed to sleeping or simply doing nothing.
2. Enhance my writing/written communication skills.
3. It makes me more creative. I consistently rack my brain on what to write about and how to make my blog more interesting.
4. I can also write when I want because I love it, not because I am assigned a certain topic to write about.
5. Practice makes perfect, it is a new and beneficial hobby that may just help in my future life.
6. It’s free, and everybody likes free. Am I right?
1. My life is being documented (now a 20-year-old college student). So, it will be interesting to look back years from now to see how I have changed/grown as an individual [personally.
2. It is a diary/journal that I choose to share with myself and others. I can reread my thoughts from previous days, months, years etc. It’s like a love letter to myself that I choose to share with others.
3. Look back at my previous life as a reminder of my thoughts, life, and experiences in my final years in college.
I am still learning as this is so new to me. I resolve to have more original content with regards to the photos and gifs that I use for my posts.
What do you think so far? How am I doing? Let me know in the comments, it’s free!
Until next time…